Physio2U is an energetic team of licensed physical therapists that provide comprehensive physiotherapy
assessments and treatments in the comfort and convenience of your:
Home, Office, Care Home, Hospital, Aquatic Centre (Pool Visits), Athletic Training Facility
If you or a loved one are in pain, have difficulties getting out of the house, work long hours, have young children or have no form of transport, these problems are overcome by one of our mobile physiotherapists coming to a place that suits you. For chronic sports injuries, examining static positions in the confinements of a small cubicle at a clinic does not tell the whole story. The therapists at Physio2U will come watch you run, jump, and play in your regular field and use video analysis to optimize your individualized assessment and focused treatment.·
Common older adult conditions we treat include:
- Hip fracture
- Joint replacement
- Frequent falls
- Mobility loss due to dementia/Alzheimer’s
- Palliative conditions
- General weakness post hospitalization or surgery
What to expect
- The physiotherapist will come to your home, office or any other location that is convenient to you!
- The therapist will need to ask you questions about your health history and current problem or injury. You can expect this to take 10 to 20 minutes.
- As physiotherapists are licensed-health care professionals and are legally required to take real-time notes for medical-legal purposes, the therapist will be typing on a computer or tablet using our secure electronic medical records system during your session. The servers for our electronic records system are in Canada.
- Please have ready any doctor’s referral note, diagnostic imaging reports or your list of medications handy.
- The therapist may need about 4 x 8 feet of space to set up the portable bed to provide a thorough assessment.
- The therapist will need to put their hands on you. It is a good idea to wear shorts or a sleeveless top to provide the best assessment and treatment possible.
- The therapist will likely prescribe home exercises and make recommendations for making you feel better. It will be important for you to follow this advice for achieving optimal outcome.
- The assessment session will last 1 to 1.25 hours. Treatment sessions are 50 minutes to 1 hour long.
- Please note that the time required to conduct requested or necessary communication to doctors, family members or third parties will be included in your 1-hour session.