What is Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy?
Physio2U offers Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy for women. The pelvic floor is made up of three layers of muscle which form a bowl at the bottom of the pelvis. This bowl supports the abdominal and pelvic organs. These muscles assist with bowel, bladder, and sexual function, and are one of the four muscles of the core. Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy assesses how the muscles are working together. It determines and treats the cause of the symptoms you are having.
What symptoms can be treated?
- Incontinence (urinary leakage, frequency, or urgency)
- Pelvic organ prolapse (or pressure in pelvic region)
- Sexual pain or dysfunction
- Pre-natal and post-partum care
- Persistent pelvic pain
- Abdominal pain
- Tailbone pain
- Diastasis recti
- Numbness, tingling, or burning in pelvis, buttocks, or groin
- Pain or adhesions following abdominal or pelvic surgery
Treatment may include:
- Pelvic floor exercises
- Hands on treatment such as joint mobilization
- Massage, and muscle facilitation
- Postural correction
- Whole body exercises
- Internal palpation