In-Home Physiotherapy for Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis has become the leading cause of disability in adults. Physio2U in-home physiotherapy can help you manage your arthritic condition, recover after surgery or help improve your function allowing you to maintain your independence and quality of life.
Our Technique for Osteoarthritis Pain Relief
- Pain and swelling management
- Manual therapy
- Progressive exercise programs to improve movement and strength
- Activities to improve mobility, walking, and balance
- Activities to improve hand function or performance of activities of daily living
- Prescription of braces or splints
- Mobility equipment prescription
- Education on condition management and community resources
- Recommendations for home modifications to improve safety and promote independence
How We Delicately Treat Osteoarthritis
Osteoarthritis, the most common form of arthritis is a degenerative condition, which happens due to the breakdown of cartilage on the ends of bones.
Physio2U therapists are trained and receive ongoing education for providing the best treatment possible for people suffering from multiple kinds of arthritis.
What to expect
- The physiotherapist will come to your home, office or any other location that is convenient to you!
- The therapist will need to ask you questions about your health history and current problem or injury. You can expect this to take 10 to 20 minutes.
- As physiotherapists are licensed-health care professionals and are legally required to take real-time notes for medical-legal purposes, the therapist will be typing on a computer or tablet using our secure electronic medical records system during your session. The servers for our electronic records system are in Canada.
- Please have ready any doctor’s referral note, diagnostic imaging reports or your list of medications handy.
- The therapist may need about 4 x 8 feet of space to set up the portable bed to provide a thorough assessment.
- The therapist will need to put their hands on you. It is a good idea to wear shorts or a sleeveless top to provide the best assessment and treatment possible.
- The therapist will likely prescribe home exercises and make recommendations for making you feel better. It will be important for you to follow this advice for achieving optimal outcome.
- The assessment session will last 1 to 1.25 hours. Treatment sessions are 50 minutes to 1 hour long.
- Please note that the time required to conduct requested or necessary communication to doctors, family members or third parties will be included in your 1-hour session.