In-Home Physiotherapy Can Help Relieve Chronic Pain & Fibromyalgia Symptoms
We understand how chronic pain can significantly impact your physical, emotional and social well-being. Our physiotherapists can help effectively assess and treat your chronic pain as well as empower you to effectively manage your condition.
Our Technique for Managing Chronic Pain & Fibromyalgia Symptoms
Physio2U believes in individualized treatment for Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain. Due to the highly personal nature of the condition “one-size-fits-all” treatment is not effective. Our process involves truly listening to our patients, the nature of their daily activities in an effort to identify movements or behaviours that may be contributing to their condition. Our proprietary process includes:
- Through assessment to determine cause of pain
- Teaching of pain management strategies
- Manual therapy
- Dry needling
- Gentle stretches and exercises
- Posture and breathing corrections
- Mobility equipment prescription
- Activities to improve walking and balance
- Education on condition management
What to expect
- The physiotherapist will come to your home, office or any other location that is convenient to you!
- The therapist will need to ask you questions about your health history and current problem or injury. You can expect this to take 10 to 20 minutes.
- As physiotherapists are licensed-health care professionals and are legally required to take real-time notes for medical-legal purposes, the therapist will be typing on a computer or tablet using our secure electronic medical records system during your session. The servers for our electronic records system are in Canada.
- Please have ready any doctor’s referral note, diagnostic imaging reports or your list of medications handy.
- The therapist may need about 4 x 8 feet of space to set up the portable bed to provide a thorough assessment.
- The therapist will need to put their hands on you. It is a good idea to wear shorts or a sleeveless top to provide the best assessment and treatment possible.
- The therapist will likely prescribe home exercises and make recommendations for making you feel better. It will be important for you to follow this advice for achieving optimal outcome.
- The assessment session will last 1 to 1.25 hours. Treatment sessions are 50 minutes to 1 hour long.
- Please note that the time required to conduct requested or necessary communication to doctors, family members or third parties will be included in your 1-hour session.
Book Your Appointment
"*" indicates required fields