In-Home Physiotherapy Can Help You Heal a Broken Bone
Physiotherapy is very important after suffering from a broken bone or hip fracture. To avoid life-long problems or disability, it is important to start rehabilitation as soon as possible. Physio2U in-home physiotherapy can help if you cannot get to a clinic because of limited mobility. You may not be able to drive a car if you are on pain medications.
Our Technique for Helping Broken or Fractured Bones Heal
Physio2U has a comprehensive program for helping heal broken bones and bone fractures. Patients who contact us needing to restore a hip fracture or broken ankle for example are often in a good deal of pain and discomfort and appreciate being treated in the comfort of their own home as it is not easy to move with a broken or fractured bone. Our proprietary process includes:
- Pain and swelling management
- Manual therapy
- Progressive exercise programs to improve movement and strength
- Activities to improve mobility, walking, and balance
- Education on condition management and community resources
- Recommendations for home modifications to improve safety
- Comprehensive hip fracture treatment and restorative therapy
What to expect
- The physiotherapist will come to your home, office or any other location that is convenient to you!
- The therapist will need to ask you questions about your health history and current problem or injury. You can expect this to take 10 to 20 minutes.
- As physiotherapists are licensed-health care professionals and are legally required to take real-time notes for medical-legal purposes, the therapist will be typing on a computer or tablet using our secure electronic medical records system during your session. The servers for our electronic records system are in Canada.
- Please have ready any doctor’s referral note, diagnostic imaging reports or your list of medications handy.
- The therapist may need about 4 x 8 feet of space to set up the portable bed to provide a thorough assessment.
- The therapist will need to put their hands on you. It is a good idea to wear shorts or a sleeveless top to provide the best assessment and treatment possible.
- The therapist will likely prescribe home exercises and make recommendations for making you feel better. It will be important for you to follow this advice for achieving optimal outcome.
- The assessment session will last 1 to 1.25 hours. Treatment sessions are 50 minutes to 1 hour long.
- Please note that the time required to conduct requested or necessary communication to doctors, family members or third parties will be included in your 1-hour session.
Book Your Appointment
"*" indicates required fields