In-Home Physiotherapy for Arthritis
Over 110,000 total knee and total hip replacements were performed in Canada last year. Arthritis has become the leading cause of disability in adults. Physio2U in-home physiotherapy can help you manage your arthritic condition, recover after surgery or help improve your function allowing you to maintain your independence and quality of life. Our proprietary process includes:
Our Technique for Arthritis Pain Relief
- Pain and swelling management
- Manual therapy
- Progressive exercise programs to improve movement and strength
- Activities to improve mobility, walking, and balance
- Activities to improve hand function or performance of activities of daily living
- Prescription of braces or splints
- Mobility equipment prescription
- Education on condition management and community resources
- Recommendations for home modifications to improve safety and promote independence
How We Delicately Treat Arthritis in Seniors
The term arthritis literally means “joint inflammation,” but it is generally used to refer to more than 100 different conditions which affect the joints and may also affect the muscles and other tissues.
Osteoarthritis, the most common form of arthritis is a degenerative condition, which happens due to the breakdown of cartilage on the ends of bones.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease. This is when your immune system, which usually fights infection, attacks the cells that line your joints, making them swollen, stiff and painful
Physio2U therapists are trained and receive ongoing education for providing the best treatment possible for people suffering from multiple kinds of arthritis.